Friday, February 25, 2011

Landscape

My first landscape is of downtown Louisville facing the Kentucky Center for the Arts from the corporate building of Humana. I took the downtown picture and used the twirl feature in hopes that it would look like it was being sucked in by a black hole. I also used the Image photo filter to change the color of the photo some.  I then added an orange cone like you see for road construction to the interstate. This one happened to be in someone’s cube from turning 50. I used the layer style stroke, change the opacity, and used the filter fresco. I used the filter distort wave to get that black hole effect. I used the picture I took of my VPs conference table and added it to the top of one of the buildings. I changed the image style using vibrance and I twirled it to also help with the black hole effect. To get the right size and all I changed the scale and skew of the picture. I have a photo of an open cabinet from my house of dishes, this started out as the entrance (covering the doors) to the Kentucky Center for the Arts. I used glowing edges, but just a very little. I used the palette knife and liquefied around the edges of the photo for the black hole effect. I used the cruise ship photo I had taken from my cruise in June. I originally parked it on the river, but after twirling the photo I realized I had to also distort this photo, so I liquefied it to pull it down and into the twirl of the downtown photo. I also changed the opacity of this photo. Finally I created the black hole by using the ellipse tool, twirled it some and changed the opacity.

My second photo I used a beach scene from Cozumel, Mexico. Under the layer style I used the inner glow color yellow, under the filters I used the dry brush, and under the image I used the curves. I added the lens flare up in the top left corner of the sky and one in the ocean. There was this limestone cliff like in my ocean picture so I used a photo I shot at Wal-Mart of oranges and messed with the scale and skew to get it to fit right over the rock formation. Then I used the smudge tool to smooth out the edges where my photo ends. I added a photo of broccoli on top of the fountain and used the filter grain, skew and size. I added a picture of a fish which I used plastic wrap on and changed the opacity. I then changed the size and skew of the picture. For the Fountain I changed the size and skewed the picture, which I then copied and rotated to get the flip slide. On the copy fountain I changed the opacity, size, and skew. Then on the original fountain I added the filter grain. I then added a picture of a red pepper, which I changed the size, skew and chose diffuse glow and mosaic tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment