Saturday, February 19, 2011

Antonym & Synonym

I chose the word soft and the synonym delicate and the antonym harsh. Then I thought what has both elements and a rose was the answer. The flowering part (petals) is so delicate and the thorns are so harsh. So that is how I came up with my two pictures.
I took a rose picture off of Google, a picture of my Australian Shepherd’s fur, and a picture of a pink sponge I have in my house. I then liquefied the edges of the rose, and I changed the Opacity, but I really didn’t do much else to that picture.  On the picture of the sponge I messed with several things trying to get the right look, but finally came up with the lens flair under the render in filter. On the dog fur I just faded it so it would give me a brush stroke look.  I add the word delicate via text tool. I changed the color, font size and style, I did a copy of it and flipped it and changed the color so it was two tones. I also added a butterfly. This seems like I didn’t do much but we are talking a lot of trial and error before I actually decided on which filter or image adjustment tool I wanted to use.
I took a spider plant picture I took at work, added a black and white thorn and then a color thorn picture from Google. I changed the opacity on all layers. I then added a neon glow to the spider plant. I changed the image levels on the spider plant. I got a blood drop from Google which I selected and added to the black and white thorn that I found out on Google. I then used the opacity just a little as I wanted the red to be a bold contrast, I used the smudge tool around the edges of the blood drop. I used the brightness and contrast tool as well.  I added the word harsh. I bent the word a little changed the color of the text and I used a filter to get the black thorn look on the word and a neon glow. I used the rasterizing layer so that I could do the filtering and scale features on the word. I made sure my image size was set at 300 dpi and 8 x 8 to save in photo shop. However, for this blog I flattened and saved at 72 dpi and a jpeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment